Wednesday, August 21, 2002

I spoke with my placement officer and temporary screening nurse today. It seems that my nomination has expired, so I could end up anywhere and doing anything in the realm of science teaching. The good news is that I will have an invitation to go ... somewhere ... by the end of the month! I got interrogated about my vegetarianism again, and I gave the same response of essentially "I'll eat it if I have to," meaning that if culture dictates, I will abide.

I leave work the 30th and start a position with the Cleveland Metroparks banding birds 3x a week. You may be asking when I have to get up to do such a cool thing. Well, I would have to respond by saying that I have to get up at about 4am, depending on where we're banding. That's right, 4am. It'll be an adjustment, especially living in a fraternity house. Maybe I'll just crash when I get home, and be mostly nocturnal.

The bike ride this weekend was a blast - MS really has their shit together and I was impressed by the entire weekend. The only thing I was disappointed by was their lack of environmentalism, which kind of surprised me. However, beggars can't be choosers, so I suppose making conservation decisions might not have been an option.