Saturday, October 25, 2003

09/17/2003

I woke up at 4:30 to travel down to the training site to train the trainees. I had 5 hours of "homework" tonight. The program should be good - or at least, it better be!

It's bizarre being at the training site and the only volunteer. It feels...backwards. But I get to misrepresent everyone else, which is fun.

All in all, it's starting to feel like it's been one year. I can tell my language is in a good place. I handled the ride down here so well I practically slept the entire time, and I'm generally comfortable.

It will be fun to see the new trainees come mid-October and have some real perspectives on how things are in the States right now.

I've been thinking about a quote that Ellen sent a while back by Thomas Edison. It roughly says that we would amaze ourselves if we did all we were capable of. Well, I think I'm trying to do that. Maybe "stress" wasn't in his vocabulary.

Maybe I can relax...Saturday. Yeah, Saturday.

Peace

John