Thursday, October 24, 2002

10/13/2002

I really hope I get mail this weekend. I miss everyone so much. But I know I'm needed in Mozambique so much more than in the USA, at least for right now.

I guess I just feel like missing people tonight.

I have a lot of fun with the neighborhood kids. I taught them "Red light/green light", but dropped the "light" part. This is to help me with my colors, of course. I walked on my hands for them too, and one of them came up with the smart ass idea of putting his hands underneath his feet and walking, saying he was doing the same!

Others went out for beer, but I like spending my time at home. Honestly, I'd feel bad if I didn't.

In other news, Chris has a new home. Police showed up at his house this morning because his mother threatened his father with a machete. Mom's in jail, Chris has a more friendly family. All in one day!

I'm definitely in the missing mood, and still justifying why I'm here. This is really tough.

Peace

John