Friday, June 28, 2002

A quick update:



Last Friday, I had a flat. It happened at work (!) as I rolled over a staple bringing my bike inside. What are the chances that would happen after riding along a road with glass all along the side? There's an air compressor here, so I switched tubes and took care of things.

On Tuesday, going to the rock gym, my rear tire exploded. It was the loudest bang I've ever heard, because it was so hot out and my tire was overinflated. I walked over to the bike shop (luckily, 5 minutes away) and got it replaced.

Wednesday was the breaking point. I almost came to tears. Additionally, on the way in I had noticed that my tire was going flat. So I knew I needed to replace the tube (I had one spare), so when I was leaving, I again got ahold of the compressor. About two miles out, I realized I had another flat. The first one had been because of glass, but apparently I had TWO pieces of glass in there. So I walked back to a gas station through five-inch deep mud, patched my tube, then put everything back together. I then biked to ultimate, which just happened to include the steepest hill I've ever biked at the very end. Apparently, some peoples' cars are unable to make it up this hill. Well, I got to ultimate and was pretty pumped because I had so much behind me -- then I started playing, making a few mistakes (like usual) except people were getting on my case about it. And that's what pushed me over the edge. I just sat on the sidelines for about twenty minutes and gently cried to myself. A couple people came by to try and help me out, but I just needed that time. I felt great after that, then I had a couple beers to just cap off the day!