Monday, December 29, 2003

12/05/2003

A bunch of other volunteers are off enjoying themselves at the beach this weekend, but as my school is the only one still at work, I can't. There's a wedding that all the other teachers were invited to tomorrow, and another one in a couple weeks. I've been here a year and still feel like as much of a foreigner as when I got here.

In a little over a week, I'll have a new sitemate, Nanosh. I'm going to try and find my optimism again before then - though the project with Kingston is going very well. He knows it will make good money for him and other Zimbabweans, while meeting Peace Corps ideals and hitting on the coffers of people who want to give money.

Wow, in two weeks I'll be in Portugal. I don't think it's hit me - it still feels like forever, but it's really just...well, 14 days away. And, more importantly, I'll spend Christmas with someone important to me.

Yeah, like I thought, this end of the year is going by incredibly quickly. And in a month, I'm back to school...

Peace

John