Saturday, December 14, 2002

Swearing In!!

I am swearing in today, in about four hours. There are 36 of us who are gonna have a great time tonight, and we´re all really excited to be volunteers. I have received a bunch of mail that I haven´t had the chance to respond to just yet, but there should be a whole bunch of journal entries arriving before Christmas.

Speaking of X-Mas, I will have cell phone access starting Christmas day, on a different cell phone. If you want to call me, please send an e-mail as the town I will be in has an internet cafe! Also, if you want my new snail mail address, please e-mail me for that, too. I can´t just give that out for the whole world! Mail sent to the old address will still get to me, just slower than it is now.

If you would like to send anything in the way of books or educational materials in general, please contact Gifts-in-Kind, gik@peacecorps.gov . I hear that they sometimes help out in paying for it to get here. But that´s all that PC can do, so keep on researching other ways to get the heavy stuff over here. Also, check out this web page for more info ...

http://peacecorps.gov/wws/correspond/handbook/educators.html

If you know of any schools who would like to get involved with me, please contact me right away, as now would be the best time to set up that relationship. Also, if you are interested in me writing a column for your publication, please send an e-mail as I need to clear these things before I can do them!

I hope everyone is having a wonderful holiday season, and please keep the e-mail and letters coming, as they mean more than you could imagine!

BTW, if you´re stuck in Ohio, you are going to have to visit. Mozambique has the most beautiful beaches any of us have seen, and our group has people who have gone to St. John, Costa Rica, etc. I´m not a huge beach person, but I´d be willing to spend a couple leave days in the sun ...

Love & Peace,
John