Wednesday, April 09, 2003

2/4/2003

(SO HERE WE GO AGAIN --- I JUST RECEIVED THESE EARLY FEBRUARY ENTRIES IN THE MAIL A COUPLE OF DAYS AGO - BUT BETTER LATE THAN NEVER! MOM)

I battled a wasp today in class, which is mighty entertaining if you're a student watching a foreign teacher getting attacked by a stinging bug. Slightly entertaining for me, too, but all it meant was that the lesson went slower.

Which meant I was a couple minutes late to singing rehearsal, which is in between my 3rd and 4th classes of a 5-class day. We learned a song in Changana today, of which I remember only a few words.

But I learned what a couple of these meant at my first Changana lesson here in town. It's a beautiful language, but just has a different set of sounds that set the foreign speaker very far apart from the native.

And the natives are afraid of wasps, too.

Peace

John