Sunday, November 17, 2002

Live Update!

Everything is fine here -- hopefully I will be making phone calls later
today! We have started teaching, and it is really a blast, but also
incredibly intimidating. Communication lately has been really frustrating
because it is so difficult, and I still haven`t received any mail outside of
CT. But we just have to be patient, and once I get to site, communication
should be a lot easier once I have more time during the day.

My Portuguese is really coming along, and teaching in it isn´t as
intimidating (it is still really hard) as I originally thought it would be.

I miss everyone tremendously.

Things that would be really cool to have here: The latest hip-hop & rap
music (they LOVE JayZ, P Diddy, JLo, DMX, etc), pictures of people and
events from home, synopses of the latest movies, a book on budgeting and
personal finance because I want to see if I can teach that here, my friends
to visit in four and a half months when I am allowed to have visitors :-) ,
teaching materials (anything really), etc.

Hopefully I will be able to send out some sort of XMas gifts, but I cannot
promise they will be on time. We have four weeks until swearing in as
volunteers, and we are all really psyched ...

PEACE and Love,
John

_________________________________________________________________
Help STOP SPAM with the new MSN 8 and get 2 months FREE*
http://join.msn.com/?page=features/junkmail