Saturday, May 17, 2003

3/25/2003

(ONCE MORE WE'RE A BIT OUT OF ORDER, BUT NOT TOO BADLY THIS TIME. MOM)

On my way to an ACP today, I faked like I was going into my favorite turma, and on turning a different direction, received the standing ovation and handshakes of my life. Kids are deathly afraid of me. I walked by other turmas while they were taking their ACPs and from just passing, saw all sorts of cheating.

They have learned very well how to cheat.

Tomorrow I control the youngest turma of 10th grade. It's going to be quite interesting.

Changana is lotsa fun, but sometimes I think my head's going to explode. There are only eight numbers - the rest are combinations of 1,2,3,4,5,10, 100 or 1000. 1973 = 1000 + (5+4) x 100 + (5+2) x 70 + 3. No wonder they use Portuguese numbers!

Peace

John