Sunday, June 08, 2003

5/14/2003

The past couple days have been good teaching days. Granted, I've been giving tests so that I don't have to deal with typical classroom BS, but they've still been going well. I even had a little field trip today to investigate stems of plants and identify them.

Had another English class today, and I really had a ton of energy for it. Charles and I tag-teamed because was only one class, andhe did great in his first time teaching an English class. We're realizing more and more that Portuguese is the language of the educated, and if you haven't been in school, you quite often don't speak it. By the time this class is over, students could very well be speaking better English than Portuguese. Which is all very strange to me right now, as I continue to struggle with some topics of conversation...

Peace

John