Sunday, June 08, 2003

5/18/2003

You'd think by now I'd be over the whole 2+ year thing. I think I might have even said that before.

I wrote a lot - elsewhere - about trying to find truth every day in every moment. It's an elusive thing because truth is always there, but it's not necessarily what we want or like. And so we cover it up with all sorts of excuses like "I'm tired" and "I'm busy" and "But...", etc. And then the truth becomes harder and harder to find because there is an automatic defense mechanism to avoid admitting inadequacy, error, lack of desire, vanity or greed. We want to appear good to others - and if not that, at least to ourselves.

Though for some, finding the truth may be difficult, the real challenge lies in accepting it unconditionally.

I miss people a ton.

Peace

John