Sunday, June 08, 2003

5/16/2003

My latest lesson at school has been a sort of field trip - I bring some of the students around to different plants in order to draw the different stalk structures and bring these drawings back to the classroom. Expectedly, I get strange looks from other professors and the students are wildly enthusiastic about "strolling" with a professor during class time. So to say that learning is going on is an exaggeration - my hope is that because of the novelty of the situation, they'll attach anything they saw or heard to that strange experience and it will be remembered because of that.

It's been eight months since I left Cleveland. I really can't believe how much has happened and how much I've done in these eight months. And so what do I do these 19 months I have left? Maybe I should stop being so apprehensive about being here for so long and realize that I can get some incredible things done.

Peace

John