Saturday, March 06, 2004

02/09/2004

A student got up and without a word, walked out of my class today. As he left, I asked after him where he was going, but to no response. I figured he must be sick, and I was right. When he came back, I asked him why he'd left without asking - and he said he had to throw up. So I asked him why he came to school sick today and he had no response. I asked why anyone came to school sick, and they couldn't answer me. My logic made sense to them, but they couldn't understand why you would stay home.

Speaking of things I don't understand, one of the students in my turma who was one of my students last year, came to my attention. I was collecting all the students' old grades from 8th and 9th grade and noticed this one's grades are all failing except for about 2 disciplines (even my 7/20 isn't the lowest). It's posted that she failed the year but she's in my 10th grade turma now. At the risk of opening up a can of worms, I'm going to ask about it. Should be interesting.

Peace

John