Monday, March 29, 2004

02/25/2004

Ahh, Wednesdays. I now have a real day off from school, and I took complete advantage of it today. I got so much accomplished, including shopping, a bunch of questions answered from my pedagogical director, a life-size color-coded model skeleton (with joints made from buttons and string), and lesson plans for the rest of the week into next week, that I'm already optimistic about what I can accomplish this year. Time won't pass so quickly, so maybe I can get some stuff done that I really want to do.

I had a great English lesson today, covering anatomy. My lone student (who showed up in driving and flooding rain) is trained medically to some extent, but in Spanish because he studied in Cuba. This is actually quite common - many teachers studied in Cuba and three of the English students have studied there. So I'm teaching him the terms in English, and he's absorbing it like a sponge.

Good week so far.

Peace

John