Saturday, March 06, 2004

02/14/2004

I was last asleep for more than 30 minutes on Friday morning and it's now Saturday night. Nanosh, myself and the Canadians went to Nanosh's school for a party there, and we ended up getting back about 1:30. We continued to drink at a bar until about 3:00 , then went home to eat (of course) and Nanosh went to bed at 4 AM. As I had planned on going to Maputo today for a while now, I decided to just stay awake until daybreak, 5 AM. So I got on a chapa and arrived in Maputo about 8:30 AM, enough to scout out a nice bathroom, get my new pair of glasses, get some quotations for the English school, get some random groceries, and appreciate Maputo - a bit. I ended up on a chapa back at 11:30 AM, arriving here at about 3PM. I did some work as I had napped on the chapa (if you can call it that) and still had energy. I napped for about 30 minutes at 6 PM while Violeta and the other neighbors made biscuits. We had a V-day celebration at their house at 8 PM with dinner and dancing. Now I am ready for some long overdue SLEEP.

Peace

John