Tuesday, September 09, 2003

08/19/2003

Some days you think everything's going somewhat normally and then...bam!

Somewhat.

I woke up at 4:30 this morning to the sound of concrete being chipped away. They started working on the blocked line to our septic tank and we had a fully functioning crapper by 8:00, at the expense of sleep. Once again, there's nothing like a good poop to set you right again.

In between, I taught my early morning English lesson on the verb "to be". Winged it, turned out well. And by "winged it", I mean I didn't know what I was going to teach until I got there. But that allows me to feel out where their needs are and address those, rather than prescribing to them what I think they need.

Cleaned my room, did some busy work, made an eggplant curry for dinner. Went to school, taught about pollination, and the formation of the flower, and had some fun with my students.

Headed back to VUKOXA to open matriculation for the night English classes and a little while later, found out Diamentino was in jail.

He's being held on the charge of defamation for a public statement he made while doing theater on city day. So I found Blake, Blake ran into Diamentino's sister, and then after discussing exactly what happened, grabbed a friend of Blake's who could help us out, to see exactly what was going on.

It looks like we'll be going to the hearing tomorrow morning and in the interest of sleep and avoiding anything politically touchy, I'll say...

Peace

John