Tuesday, September 09, 2003

08/20/2003

Some days can only be explained by listing the events of the day, then some time later, when there's time, explain:

6:00 Wake up
6:20 Wash dishes, take shower
6:50 Leave for police station where Diamentino's sister is supposed to meet us.
7:30 Without her, I go up to courtroom to see what's going on
7:40 Have lengthy argument over legal processes, including the public right to see the charges brought against the prisoner, but back off before causing a big scene.
8:00 Report back to Blake, who hasn't seen Diamentino's sister, that it looks like D will have a hearing today or tomorrow and a possible trial on Friday.
8:20 Arrive at D's sister's house, nobody around, so continue on to see if I can find the multilingual and well-traveled Reverend Wilson.
8:30 A friend of D's finds me and says that D is in the courtoom and they're waiting for me.
8:40 Arrive in waiting room, where said friend and sister are waiting.
8:50 Diamentino enters the secretary's office
9:20 He's released, but restricted to the district. Cheers and confusion.
9:40 Make myself breakfast.
10:00 Young many heading up an HIV/AIDS group arrives. We talk for a while.
10:50 Go out to talk to VUKOXA and buy coconuts.
11:00 Arrive at VUKOXA, talk...
11:30 Return home with coconuts, rush to go to school and...
11:40 Have meeting with HIV/AIDS activists until...
12:45 My first class starts and I'm in classes until...
3:10 When I go home to grab lunch, then at...
3:40 Go check mail and buy bread, returning home about...
4:15 So I can go back to school.
4:20 Teach my last two lessons.
5:55 Go back to VUKOXA
6:00 Enroll a couple more people in the classes while doing schoolwork.
7:30 Eat dinner that Blake brought to VUKOXA for me.
8:45 And then return home so I can do more schoolwork, then...
9:30 Talk with Eric for an hour,
10:30 Finish up work and finally
11:30 Go to bed.

I'm getting up at 6 AM again tomorrow.

Peace

John