Sunday, September 28, 2003

09/03/2003

It seems a shame to pick one emotion or moment from any single day and sell it as being representative. I go through the entire range on any given day - I got quite angry today and I was also quite happy and random. I gave an impromptu Portuguese lesson to a new English teacher, even translating some Changana for him (he's from Zimbabwe). I gave a couple practical lessons on seeds and the two major plant types (monocots and dicots). I organized an all-C... HIV/AIDS meeting for Sunday. These were very pleasing activities. But I was also washing dishes for a while and thinking about how many projects I'm involved in. My student activists want to visit the HIV testing center and the hospital where AIDS patients stay. I have 3 English lessons tomorrow and no lesson plan. I'm trying to accommodate one more group for the English lessons.

All this in one day.

Not to mention cooking a couple meals, doing work for the PC language program, 2 hours of handball, and running a couple errands.

Every day I question my presence here, miss people from home, and learn something new. I ride a rollercoaster from the moment I wake up, never knowing what to expect from the day.

Peace

John