Wednesday, February 09, 2005

10/20/04

I am almost completely done with teaching classes. Really, all I have left is some test preparation and administrative work. It’s strange to think that I’ve come to the end of things and it’s ending with a whimper.
We started calculating who passes in order to go to the exams today, and my math skills were not just used, they were downright necessary. I was calculating averages of 3, 4, 9 numbers in my head using all sorts of shortcuts it took forever to explain to the math teacher. If it hadn’t been for my calculating, we wouldn’t have gotten half as much done.
Only two weeks until the presidential elections, and I feel like I’m so far from that crap that it couldn’t make a difference, but I know that this one DOES make a difference. I can’t decide, I can’t even fathom, how I want to live on returning to the States. It’s so far off. Mentally.
I’ve got less than two months of being a volunteer. Then I say bye to Chokwe and move on, somehow, with my life.

Peace,
John