Thursday, February 24, 2005

11/30/04

[I apologize for the delay ... I've been quite lazy lately. If you would like to comment on any of the posts, you can click the "Comments" link on the bottom of each entry. Fun!]

I'm sitting outside in a much welcome windstorm after a hot morning that nearly made me sick again, like yesterday. But it didn't, and my last day of work was quick and suitably subtle. Over the past three months, essentially, I've been preparing for this moment, this transition. There are many reasons why I've written so little, not the least of which being that life has gotten fairly routine and though my day-to-day life may be interesting to others it stopped being so interesting to me -- and the little changes that only I notice as significant seem to be important. But really, a lot HAS happened. I rushed to finish up the 12th grade chemistry curriculum, giving several extra sessions in which my teaching really came together in terms of using practical examples. I've discovered how much other teachers really do appreciate me, whether it be for just working hard or for actually helping the students and other teachers. I've prepared students (about 350) for exams that they did fairly well on.

Peace,
John