Monday, February 14, 2005

11/6/04

We're pretty depressed here. Can't really believe that Bush won again and what that means for the world. People here are just as confused -- why would we elect him again after everything he's done? It makes no sense. So we're sitting here in Chokwe trying to figure out what to do with our American lives.
I'm considering going to Canada and becoming a math teacher. Of course, I'm half considering coming back here to do the same thing.
We just finished up the Chemistry exam and I think my students did well -- it was easy and I had prepared them for most everything that they saw on the test. What's still up in the air is the Biology test and how my students respond to it.
And if I correct Chemistry or Biology. I really don't want to go to Xai-Xai (3 hours away) just so I can correct tests for students with whom I've spent only have a year. I'd much rather stay here and correct tests of those with whom I've taught for two years now. I'm having serious discussions with Prof. Matavel about these issues because he seems to think that my opinion matters not. Maybe it's because he realizes that I can do whatever I please and he really has no recourse.
In the meantime, though, I'm relaxing and ... [N.B. 11/30 I didn't finish my sentence!]

Peace,
John