Sunday, March 02, 2003

11/27/2002

(THIS IS MOM --- I JUST GOT A GROUP OF OLD POSTINGS THAT I NEVER THOUGHT I'D SEE! ENJOY...)

I remember early on in high school, we did this exercise wherre everyone picked one food to eat for an entire day. It had to be something healthy, but you could only eat that one food the entire day. It was meant to simulate conditions in third world countries like African nations.

Now that I eat rice with 2 of my 3 meals and eggs the rest of the time, and my body odor smells of bread from all the fresh bread I eat, I think that experiment was stupid. To try and break down a poor state into its parts and then experiment with them is silly. There's so much hee that I could never find in the states, having nothing to do with food. But it makes the food not matter after a while. I make jokes at dinnertime - "Ooooh, rice!" And everyone laughs. We have humor here, about having less. It's OK.

I had a bad day today. But someone else had a downright shitty day. This is the way it goes.

Peace

John